Holiday Pop Up Shop
at The Arboretum December 4th - 24th
The Artus Co Holiday Pop Up Shop is a fundraiser to benefit programming at Artus Co, a 501(c)3 arts non-profit providing programming at Pump Project Gallery, affordable artist studios, and is a fiscal sponsor for Almost Real Things Magazine projects, WEST & EAST Art Bus Tours, and other additional programming.
We are happy to have Limbo Jewelry, Haley Lebeuf, Pump Project, MakeATX, Zoe Comings, and Almost Real Things as early sign on participants in this year’s shop. Join us for a holiday show in one of Austin's prime retail spaces with walk-by foot traffic.
Call for Volunteers!
Volunteers call! Help us out with the fundraising event, learn new skills and supplement our core staff. Volunteers will help monitor the space, tidy displays, walk the floor, note when stock is low, interact with guests, assist guest demos, and cashier.
• Sales handled by Artus Co
–no need to watch or cashier your space !
- 21 days, Dec 4th - 24th all week, full hours
- 8700 Square Feet of prime retail space at The Arboretum,
- upmarket retail area near 183 and Mopac
- $99 & up (see display section for details) - that's less than $5/day
- 35/65 Split Commission on Final Sales
- Applicants will be notified as accepted until Nov 15th
- Sales handled by Artus Co, no need to watch or cashier your space
- Net proceeds go to Artus Co a 501(c)3 arts non-profit
We are looking for:
- Variety of affordable art, apparel, and creative gifts
- Made by Austin-area artists, craftspeople, makers
- Able to meet deadlines & sufficient quantities
- Available for scheduled load-in and load-out dates
- Will help promote the show on social media
Load In Days
Sat Nov 30 • Sun Dec 1 • Mon Dec 2
About Display Spaces
These are existing shelving units in the arboretum store. (see image)
- $59 Shared Shelving Space. Equivalent of three shelves, each about 3 feet long and about 19 inches deep; vertical height may vary. Displays in these areas must be compact.
- $99 Single shelf unit: One 3'x8'x19" Shelf Unit. In General: Shelves are adjustable with at least four shelves; additional shelves may be available
- $189 Double shelf unit: Two 3'x8'x19" Shelf Unit. In General: Shelves are adjustable with at least five shelves; additional shelves may be available
These wall spaces are more DIY space, allowing for more customization. Shelves and brackets may be screwed to the walls. Do not overload shelves!
- $129 4’ x 8’ Wall. 4 feet wide and 8 - 10 feet tall; 1-2 feet of floor space in front; Shelving highly recommended (Tables not recommended)
- $239 8’x 8’ Wall. 8 feet wide by 8 -10 feet tall; 2 feet of floor space in front; Max Table 2 feet deep by 6 feet long.
Depending on demand and availability, we may have the following available.
- Clothing Racks (Pending; Price TBD)
- Jewelry Display Cases (Pending Price TBD)
- Custom. (Pending; Price TBD) If you'd like us to consider a custom booth or space, please leave notes in comments section
- Indicating your preference does not guarantee that you will be assigned that type of space
- Final space assignments are at the discretion of Artus Co
- Some walls may be perpendicular to each other forming a corner. Most booths will share a corner with another vendor and must be respected, you cannot block a neighbor’s space
- Booth fee + 35/65(artist) Split Commission on Final Sales